The June 2012 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine features a piece on How Yin Yoga Can Help with achy joints. There’s not a lot to the article – a couple of quotes from yin yoga teachers, one endorsement from a doctor, and three suggested poses – but it might be enough to bring yin yoga to the masses.
Just think of the influence Oprah had on book clubs!
Yin yoga is a fantastic counter-point to the swirl of activity most of us have going on in our lives. It’s a timeout for body and mind, where students get to hang out in postures (like supported fish pictured at right) for several minutes, allowing stillness to take over.
There are lots of yin yoga classes offered at studios in North Vancouver. I teach four regular yin classes a week and friends and fellow teachers I admire teach a bunch more!
- Mondays @ 4pm with me at Bound Lotus Meditation & Yoga Centre
- Tuesdays @ 4:30pm with Jenn at Body Harmony Yoga Studio
- Tuesdays @ 8:15pm with me at Bound Lotus Meditation & Yoga Centre
- Wednesdays @ 9:00pm with Lindsay at Northshore Elements YYoga
- Thursdays @ 6:00pm with Lindsay at Body Harmony Yoga Studio
- Thursdays @ 8:15pm with Kelly at Bound Lotus Meditation & Yoga Centre
- Thursdays @ 9:00pm with Lindsay at Northshore Elements YYoga
- Fridays @ 6:30pm with me at Bound Lotus Meditation & Yoga Centre
- Saturdays @ 4:30pm with me at Body Harmony Yoga Studio